Equitrans Midstream Foundation
The Equitrans Midstream Foundation was established by Equitrans Midstream Corporation, one of the largest natural gas gatherers and transmission pipeline operators in the United States, and is dedicated to the social and economic prosperity of our asset footprint. Through philanthropic partnerships alongside a network of non-profit organizations, the Equitrans Midstream Foundation is able to create a more secure future for the members of communities where we live and work. The Equitrans Midstream Foundation is proud to support initiatives that address the critical needs in our communities, continuous learning through education, and sustainability in our environment.
The Equitrans Midstream Foundation is committed to meaningful engagement and philanthropic partnership to improve the lives of individuals in the communities where we live and work.
Our Funding Priorities:
The ETRN Foundation primarily focuses its giving in three areas: community development, education, and the environment.
Community Development: Invest in projects that:
- Enhance community safety and wellbeing
- Support the enrichment of arts and culture in the community
- Foster inclusion and promote diversity in communities
- Encourage the development of livable communities that attract and retain residential, commercial and industrial growth
Education: Develop a sustainable energy industry workforce through projects that:
- Advance science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) education, with a special emphasis on creating access for underrepresented and underserved groups
- Prepare students to compete in the workforce of the future, giving them the tools to make positive social and economic contributions
- Encourage the pursuit of trades and vocational training
Environment: Limit our operational impact and support initiatives that:
- Target energy education and the stewardship of air, land and water
- Support the preservation of natural resources and encourage individuals and organizations to utilize accepted conservation techniques to minimize adverse impacts on the environment
- Encourage environmental stewardship
As much as we would like to fund each of the many worthy causes presented to us, the number of grant requests for consideration exceeds our ability to fund them all. As such, the Equitrans Midstream Foundation does not support the following grant requests:
- Organizations that discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, marital status, disability or protected veteran status
- Organizations that are not tax exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3)
- Political parties, candidates, or public policy advocates
- Fraternal, social, union, or hobby/recreational clubs and organizations
- Religious organizations, except for non-sectarian activities
- Individuals or private foundations
- Capital campaigns or costs associated with endowments, new construction, or building renovations, etc.
About the Equitrans Midstream Foundation:
The Equitrans Midstream Foundation was established by Equitrans Midstream Corporation, one of the largest natural gas gatherers and transmission pipeline operators in the United States. As the charitable arm of the Corporation, the Foundation is dedicated to the social and economic prosperity of the local communities where we live and work. The Equitrans Midstream Foundation proudly supports the critical needs of communities, continuous learning through education, and sustainability in our environment.