Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy
Equitrans Midstream is committed to achieving the highest level of health, safety, and environmental (HSE) excellence. As with all of our core values, safety, which includes the protection of people and the environment from harm, is a value that will not be compromised.
Our HSE commitment is rooted in the value we place on the well-being of our employees, contractors, and communities; and is extended to include our steadfast belief in environmental stewardship. Our core values of Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Transparency, and Excellence are embedded in our culture and reflected in our behaviors and decision-making.
Core Values |The principles that guide our behaviors and decisions
A reliable partner inside and out. We will cultivate an inclusive, respectful work environment that values differing perspectives and encourages the power of teamwork, customer service, and accountability.
In all we do and how we do it. We will operate in relentless pursuit of flawless execution to develop employee capabilities, produce high-quality work and achieve sustainable results. We will keep our commitments.
We believe that Zero Is Possible – and the following principles will guide us as we strive to make zero a reality each day:
- The causes of injuries and incidents can be eliminated.
- Working safely each day requires constant vigilance and strict adherence to procedures.
- The responsibility for safety is universal and exercising Stop Work Authority to ensure a safe working environment is a condition of employment.
- Our leaders and contractors are accountable for HSE performance; however, the implementation of our HSE program, and related processes and procedures, is the responsibility of everyone.
- We integrate HSE considerations into planning, design, construction, and operation of all our processes, programs, and facilities.
- Employee engagement, inclusion, and communication are essential for the overall success of our HSE program.
- Safety is evergreen. We actively monitor HSE performance, incident causes, and trends to drive improvement in designs, equipment, programs, processes, and training.
- Our caring for the safety and health of our employees extends beyond the workplace. Off-the-job safety is critical to building, maintaining, and embedding a proactive safety culture.
- Continuously improving HSE performance, engaging stakeholders, supporting the communities in which we operate, and publicly reporting our results is essential to maintain our social license to operate.