Equitrans Midstream Owner Relations is available to help serve our landowner needs. To review your account information online, or to set-up a new account, please login to our Owner Relations Portal.
You may also find information by selecting one of the following FAQ sections:
My check was lost, stolen, damaged, or not deposited within the deadline. How can I get a replacement?
Please call (888-613-7848) or email Equitrans Midstream Owner Relations.
When will you issue my payment?
Equitrans Midstream issues payments in accordance with the terms of your agreement. Please refer to that document to determine when you should expect your payment.
How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?
Please complete and mail the Direct Deposit Authorization form, including a voided check (for deposits to a checking account), or a letter from your financial institution (for deposits to a savings account).
After turning in my Direct Deposit Authorization form, how long will it take before I see the deposit of my payments in my bank account?
We process these requests in the order they come in, so you will continue to receive a paper check until the set-up of your direct deposit is complete. After we establish direct deposit with your bank, it could still take up to one payment cycle for the first deposit to appear in your account.
How can I make changes to my direct deposit account?
If you wish to make changes to your direct deposit account, you will need to submit a new Direct Deposit Authorization form. If a distribution occurs while the new direct deposit authorization is processing, you will receive that payment via a paper check mailed to the address on record for your account.
How can I stop direct deposit payments?
To stop direct deposit payments and receive paper checks, please call (888-613-7848) or email Equitrans Midstream Owner Relations so that we may deactivate direct deposit to your account.
Account Login & Info
What can I access in my Oildex account?
Oildex is a third-party website that provides secure online access to your Equitrans Midstream check detail.
How do I login to my Oildex account?
How do I login to my account for the first time?
- On the login screen select, “I am a first time user.”
- Your User ID is your owner number.
- Your temporary password is the last six digits of the Social Security Number or Tax ID Number associated with the account.
- You will be directed to enter your email address and a new password.
- Once logged in you can view the check details.
What is my Owner Number and where can I find it?
The Owner Number, or AB Number, is a unique account number that allows Equitrans Midstream to know specifically which landowner we are working with. You can find this number on most Equitrans Midstream correspondence, including your check stubs and in the Account Number box on your 1099MISC form.
How do I transfer the interest of an owner who died with a Will?
Please provide a copy of the following estate documents if:
- The Will and property are located in the same county and state:
- The Will and property are located in the same state, but different counties or in different states
- Death Certificate
- Order Admitting Will to Probate
- Letters Testamentary
- Last Will and Testament (recorded in the county where the property is located)
- Please contact the county’s clerk of courts for additional information on having the Will recorded in the county where the property is located
- Ancillary probate may be required if the Will was originally recorded in a state other than where the property is located
- Completed W-9 form and, if applicable, REV-1832 form for each beneficiary
How do I transfer the interest of an owner who died without a Will?
The laws of Descent and Distribution in the state where the property is located will apply, as relevant. Please provide the following documents:
- Death Certificate
- Completed and Notarized Affidavit of Descent/Affidavit of Heirship (recorded in the county where the property is located)
- Completed W-9 form and, if applicable, REV-1832 form for each beneficiary
Please contact the county’s clerk of courts for additional information on having the Affidavit recorded.
How do I change/update the address on my account?
Complete and return the Change of Address form to the address, email or fax provided on the form. For your protection, Equitrans Midstream does not accept address changes via telephone.
How do I notify Equitrans Midstream in the event I become divorced?
Please provide a copy of the divorce decree, including property settlement documents and copies of recorded conveyances. If you do not have a current Equitrans Midstream owner account, please provide your address and a completed W-9 form and, if applicable, REV-1832 form.
How do I notify Equitrans Midstream of a personal name change?
Please send a written request and a copy of the document supporting the name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree reinstating maiden name, etc.). A copy of the Social Security card showing the name as changed with the Federal Government/Internal Revenue Service may also be required.
How do I notify Equitrans Midstream of a corporate name change?
Please provide a copy of the Certificate of Name Change. If the name change is the result of a merger, please provide a copy of the Certificate of Merger and the tax identification number of the surviving entity.
What documents are required if I buy or sell an interest in a property?
Equitrans Midstream needs a copy of the conveyance document recorded in the county and state where the property is located along with a completed W-9 form and, if applicable, REV-1832 form for the new owner(s).
What is required to add an Attorney-in-Fact, Legal Guardian, or Agent?
Please provide a copy of the below documents:
- The Power of Attorney if an owner has appointed an attorney-in-fact.
- The Agency Agreement if an owner has appointed an agent.
- The Letters of Guardianship if the court has declared the owner incompetent or incapacitated or otherwise deemed by a court to require a court-supervised legal guardian. If a minor, include a copy of the owner’s birth certificate to indicate when the minor will attain legal age.
What is required for property held in a trust?
- Upon creation of a trust, please provide copies of the Trust Agreement and recorded conveyance to the trust. Equitrans Midstream will also need a completed W-9 form and, if applicable, REV-1832 form for the trust.
- If there is a change in the trustee, please provide a copy of the instrument appointing a successor trustee, as well as the successor trustee’s mailing address.
- Upon termination of a trust, please provide a copy of the Dissolution of Trust and the appropriate recorded conveyances that transferred the trust’s interests to the beneficiaries. Equitrans Midstream will also need a completed W-9 form and, if applicable, REV-1832 form for each beneficiary.
Please be aware that Equitrans Midstream is unable to furnish tax advice and recommends that you consult with a tax professional versed in oil and gas accounting regarding the reporting obligations for your income payments.
Why do I need to provide Equitrans Midstream with my Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)?
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires Equitrans Midstream to acquire a SSN or TIN from all Payees. Failure to supply your SSN or TIN will result in Equitrans Midstream withholding a 24% non-refundable tax on all payments. To provide you SSN or TIN and to avoid federal backup withholding, please fill out and return a W-9 form to Equitrans Midstream.
How can I obtain a W-9 form?
The W-9 form is available on the IRS website or via the ‘Forms’ section of the Interest Owners Portal. If you would like a copy of the W-9 form mailed to you, please call to speak with one of our customer service representatives.
How do I know if I need to fill out and return the REV-1832 form?
If you own property in Pennsylvania, and will receive an income payment from Equitrans Midstream because of activity on that property, then please fill out and return to Equitrans Midstream the REV-1832 form, 1099-MISC Withholding Exemption Certificate.
Will I receive a 1099 from Equitrans Midstream?
Per IRS regulations, Equitrans Midstream issues 1099 forms annually to report rental and real estate payments. You will receive a 1099 from Equitrans Midstream if:
- If you receive income of six hundred dollars ($600.00) or more.
- If you receive income, which is less than six hundred dollars ($600.00), but we had to withhold a 24% non-refundable tax on that payment because Equitrans Midstream did not have a completed W-9 form on file.
When will I receive my 1099 form?
1099 forms will be mailed by January 31 to the current address on file. If you have a new address, please complete and return a Change of Address form before year-end to ensure your address is updated in time.
I lost my 1099 form. How can I get a replacement?
Please call (888-613-7848) or email Equitrans Midstream Owner Relations. Our Owner Relations team can mail you a replacement.
Contact Owner Relations
Equitrans Midstream Owner Relations is available to help serve our landowner needs. When you call or write, please provide your owner number, telephone number, and the nature of your question.
8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday Eastern Time
888-613-7848 (toll-free) or (724) 993-7941
Equitrans Midstream Corporation
Attn: Land Administration
PO Box 269
Canonsburg, PA 15317-0269